We’ve all been there before. I’m talking about the endless search for the perfect typeface to fit your A+ design. Well, search no longer. For all those times when you can’t seem to find the perfect font, we’ve put together a step-by-step tutorial for creating one on your own.
Problem: Help, I can’t find the font I want for a design I’m working on!
Solution: Make your own, from scratch
Time Investment: 1-2 hrs
Tools: Medium-Thick, black felt pen, printer and scanner
- Go to the MyScriptFont website.
- Download and then print the template provided. Simple.
- Next, you can spend as little or as much time as you’d like writing or drawing each letter of the alphabet.
- After you’ve perfected your new, one-of-a-kind font, scan your art as grayscale with 300dpi.
- Save it as a JPG, TIFF or PNG. Note: The maximum file size that can be uploaded is 2 MB.
- Home stretch… Now, upload your document to MyScriptFont and within seconds, you’ll have a font you can easily download in a number of different formats.
- Install your new font, and start designing!
Ideas for use: Personal letters, custom website fonts, posters, online signatures, invitations and so much more! Use your imagination, use your skills and have fun with your new font.
From one designer to another… Enjoy!
Amy has been in the graphic design and marketing field for the better part of the last 13 years. Her clients might describe her working style as super collaborative, incredibly smart, 100% non-egotistical, sort-of cool, and optimistically forward-thinking.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.