Mar 15 2011
The Chalkboard Project is a Portland-based non-partisan, nonprofit organization that works to improve Oregon’s K-12 public schools. They give voice to Oregon’s teachers and provide a forum where teachers and parents can converse about current issues via their highly successful blogs, as well as encourage activism via the Citizens’ Corps and Teachers’ Corps.
A long-time Mambo client, Chalkboard recently launched a brand-new corporate website. The site is extremely rich with content, ranging from in-depth research reports on Oregon finance and accountability, to innovative resources for teachers like lesson plans, integration of technology in the classroom, mentoring resources, and much more.
Site features include:
- Built on the powerful WordPress 3.0 CMS, utilizing the MultiSite feature that allows Chalkboard to manage 4 websites from a single administration interface (1 corporate site, corporate blog, teachers’ blog and 1 initiative microsite)
- Dynamic content via multiple RSS feeds from their blogs as well as from outside news sources reporting on education issues
- Fully integrated with Chalkboard’s social media properties like Facebook and Twitter
- Social Media Press Room where members of the press can access all the pertinent information needed for press releases, including video and image files, related links and reports, and integrated Facebook and Twitter sharing
- Custom YouTube video players
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.