Title: Digital Marketing Specialist with Focus in Paid Media
Location: Portland, OR
As a Mambo Marketing Specialist, we expect you to set up and actively manage digital marketing and social media platforms to deliver client value in their digital marketing efforts. We’d like you to support Mambo staff for the benefit of clients and the company. And, as we grow the different business disciplines, to contribute to Mambo institutional knowledge and support our company values.
Mambo Media is a boutique agency headquartered in the Silicon Forest of Portland, specializing in developing integrated and modern marketing programs for B2C, B2B and non‐profit clients globally. Our team of best‐in‐class, experienced marketers provides effective solutions to the unique challenges of today’s marketplace. Working with companies and organizations, Mambo offers modern integrated marketing solutions including social media, web development, search, lead generation and online fundraising.
- Responsible for improving and expanding paid search marketing and executing on media planning and buying in other channels in the digital space (display, paid social, and retargeting) across a portfolio of different clients.
- Keep up to date with PPC/SEM industry trends, techniques, and best practices and support the team as a SEM/PPC/Google AdWords subject matter expert.
- Build and optimize paid search and display media campaigns, testing new ad networks, and communicating performance to stakeholders.
- Manage client social media programs and report on them internally to the client team.
- Source content relevant to client markets; amplify client messages and industry news and information through research on trends, educational content and thought leadership.
- Understand and implement best practices in social media and content marketing in today’s ecosystem.
- Provide high-quality project contributions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work with the Mambo project managers to understand processes, reporting and client support requirements. Add value to every touch point.
- Learn industry best practices in modern marketing disciplines in digital marketing, social media, content creation, inbound marketing and new opportunities to provide customer delight.
- Communicate clearly and approachably with Mambo teammates to learn and share best practices, new skills and experience.
- Content Curation – Cultivate and curate high quality content for our clients. Understand their customers, their interests, their problems that need solving, and how high quality content can help our clients’ customers using social media.
- Engaging Promotion – You will promote our client’s brands through a well-developed process and cadence of content, designed to drive not just increased followers, but active and recurring engagement.
- Great Writing – In many ways, you will be the voice of the Mambo brand and our clients’ brands; which requires listening, responding and asking questions to engage with the audience.
- Confidence and Curiosity – (Okay, we know these are traits, but you’ll be required to show them both, regularly.) Mambo team members in Mambo’s proven digital marketing processes will mentor you, and that means you’ll be learning digital marketing best practices. Curiosity and a willingness to learn from others as you follow a prescribed process is a requirement for success.
- Paid Media Specialties – Your day-to-day campaign management including keyword strategy, ad copy and visual testing, bid management, and overall campaign optimization based on ROI goals will be greatly appreciated and leveraged at Mambo.
- Technology and Tools – We value your experience in email and marketing automation tools like MailChimp, iContact, Emma, ExactTarget, ActOn, HubSpot, Pardot, WordPress and more. Show us your stuff.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or equivalent experience.
1-2 years of digital marketing experience, with strong experience in paid search. Digital Marketing Certification preferred.
Our ideal candidate has an AdWords Advanced Search Certification and a strong technical background with experience managing PPC campaigns and other digital media, including display media, retargeting, paid social, etc.
Fluent use of standard office communications tools like MS Word, Excel and Outlook required. Experience with HTML programming and/or familiarity with social media management tools, marketing software (such as Adobe InDesign) and others is a plus.
Must be able to work as a member of a team, and be independent and self-starting. You’re likely to be asked to work on multiple client projects at one time, so the ability to multitask is essential. And attention to detail is very important in this position. We love to promote from within, so your positive attitude is key to your success. The Digital Marketing Specialist must be creative and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
Email your resume and cover letter, shoot a video, design a billboard, take a picture, or whatever you’d like to do to impress us and send it to email@example.com. We’ll get back to you to talk about what the next steps will be.